Saudi Dental Society grants for periodontal and implant research.
Saudi dental society in collaboration with gsms & BioHorizons is providing grants to cover full or part of current research related to periodontics or implant dentistry.
Value of the grants
40000 Saudi Riyals in form of materials which is fully sponsored by gsms & BioHorizons. It can be divided up to 3 projects. The winners from outside Riyadh will get a ticket and accommodation to receive the award during SIDC 2024.
- Applicants should be conducting the research in Saudi Arabia.
- All researchers in the field of Periodontics and Implant dentistry can apply to the grant. However, priority is given for young researcher in this competition (Interns, post graduate students, Board residents).
- Topics should be related to:
- Surface of dental Implant:
- Effect of Micro channels reducing crestal bone loss.
- Enhancing soft tissue attachment with Implant.
- Improving outcomes of immediate implant placement.
- Reduction of peri-implantitis and peri-implant mucositis.
- Acellular Dermal Matrix Allografts:
- ADM vs CTG in several applications (root coverage, soft tissue augmentation around implants and teeth, etc… ).
- Root coverage at multiple sites using an Allograft Acellular Dermal Matrix.
- Surface contact of Tapered Short implants 6mm and effect &
solution for areas of limited space, where preserving anatomical landmarks is critical.
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant and the research team
- Full research proposal including research question, hypothesis, clear aims and objectives, methodology, literature review, budget plan,and timeline.
- A brief statement highlighting the potential clinical impact of the research in the field of periodontics and implant dentistry.
- A letter from the centre/institute stating that the research will be conducted in the same centre/institute.
- A letter from the ethical approval committee/IRB if applicable.
- The winners should acknowledge both the Saudi Dental Society and gsms & BioHorizonswhen they publish their research/work.
- The winners should complete the research project within 2 years of receiving the grant.
Deadline for submission:
-Monday, December 25, 2023 at 11:59pm.
Submit the required documents to: SIDC Scientific Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection of the winners:
– The main judging criteria will be relevance/importance and scientific quality of the proposed research project.
– Winners will be announced in SIDC 2024, 18-20 January